Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Natures Evolution Armour and Patternation.

Natures:Evolution Armour and Patternation While considering a new professional working practice within Art and Design parameters I have always considered print making an exciting and interesting skill to wish for moving forward. Within new technologies the arena of print making has increased considerably. New photographic industrial machines means that peoples choices can be fine tuned towards a more personal approach. Bespoke designs are becoming more and more accessible to the majority of people who are interested in gaining a more personal shopping experience. Since becoming a designer some 20 or so years ago I have noted an interest in printed fabrics, I however choose to study knitwear design as I was interested in textiles as well as fashion and knitwear bridged a cap for me. However I believe since becoming a parent, I stopped running my fashion business to concentrate on my family and took to teaching originally Art and Design however I know teach a number of subjects across a wide range of learners age group and skill sets. It is a very interesting and fulfilling job role. However I am still a keen designer and have set my mind at learning and creating printed textiles with extra hardware(haberdashery) for interiors and fashion. While considering this new skill it has become apparent that dissecting in detail all my different influences and processes a new and immensely structured way of following a pathway of designer directions for the viewer to consider as an interesting look inside the mind of a creator. Therefore I will be discussing in a lot more detail the why and reasons for my particular methodology this will include various links to previous work, life experiences and family history. I will start with a deeply paired down approach to my type of working practice skills set. The main research within what I look for in order to create are Colour ,texture and Patternation. When designing I am always considering ranges of designs and in this case it is fabrics using tradition and modern technologies. Colour is a key aspect to my work, it doesn't have to have any colour however precise colour and fabric use are exclusively selected for the best outcome. Secondly texture which is necessary for a tactile approach, it doesn't however have to be 3d it's purely its functionality and purpose that links to exacting directions of importance for the consumer, that is the viewer the appreciator that is important to consider in great detail. Patternation follows which can in fact be an detail an embellishment a finishing technique or a pattern. The pattern could be placed , all over or motifed. Patternation can however be limited to another area of design i.e it could be separate from the design itself. Within these three areas of choice one main criteria is an absolute must and that is mood and affinity to embrace a feeling of romanticism, organic, historical morphing into contemporary is also I must do within each creative element I choose to create. What has been interesting for me over the last couple of months is that I have changed my medium (material chooses and it has made it even more clearer why I design and the purpose of what I create no matter what the end product becomes. Creating has always included for me a lot of juxtaposing of detailing within complex modernity's, in order to create new evoking cutting edge directional designs, there is however a need to be simplistic at the same time. I will be looking at all of my previous skill knowledge and adding them into a new why of creating fabrics for interiors and fashion. Mixing contemporary design concepts with historical reflections and the reasons why will be one of my key discussions and research while print making and hardware designing for interiors and fashion. The reasons for choices are much more detailed than one might of thought. I will be analysing key points in terms of Psychology, anthropology and ancient philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metatag